Certification in Humanitarian Logistics (CHL)
Get Certified in Humanitarian Logistics
Increase your skills, confidence, and credibility to effectively manage humanitarian logistics by earning your Certification in Humanitarian Logistics (CHL).
Who is this certification for?
Professionals working in a logistics function in the humanitarian and development sectors or anyone working in commercial or military logistics intending to move into the humanitarian sector.
What will I learn?
- Humanitarian Supply Chains
- Warehousing and Inventory
- Fleet Management
- Cash Transfer Programming (CTP)
- Managing a Humanitarian Supply Chain Response
How will I learn?
This certification program consists of self-guided practice activities and coach-based learning assignments designed to demonstrate the skills and knowledge required to be a competent, professional humanitarian logistician.
CHL consists of scenario-based tasks on core logistics topics that you will complete in two unique ways:
- CHL: Humanitarian Logistics Self-Guided Practice: Review online learning materials based on realistic case study scenarios to answer assessment activities and questions. The self-guided practice is available online for free in DisasterReady.org.
- Coach-based Assignments: Complete a series of assignments to demonstrate your skills. A professional logistics coach will review your assignments, provide feedback, and answer questions. The coach-based assignments have a fee of 760 GBP and are managed by the Logistics Learning Alliance (LLA).
How do I achieve certification?
You will achieve the Certification for Humanitarian Logistics (CHL) by passing the self-guided practice activities and an external review of the coach-based assignments.
Program Fee & Registration
760.00 GBP (VAT at 20% must be added to this fee for those studying within the United Kingdom or European Union)
Can be completed within 6 months (based on average study time of 5 hours per week)
The program is a supported distance learning, online programme – ideally suited for those who need flexibility to fit their studying around their own work and other commitments.
The Certification in Humanitarian Logistics (CHL) was developed by senior logistics and supply chain professionals from UN agencies, the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement, and NGOs. The program is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport CILT(UK).